Normally the Pod and ELink are paired when you receive them. But this is a “soft” pairing, so they can be un-paired by mistake. Please use this guide to help pair. We welcome all user comments here with their tips and issues.XShifter Pairing Procedure.pdf (66.1 KB)
XShifter Pairing Procedure
- Take the bike or components outside away from electrical interference. This is very important.
Sometimes in a building with lights, computers, phones, etc., it can be almost impossible to pair
- Be sure you don’t have any other unpaired XShifter product in range, or they will attempt to pair
to the ELink.
- If you have a dual system, remove the battery from the other ELink. If the pods are attached to
the bike, wrap the other pod with a piece of aluminum foil to prevent interference.
- Reset the ELink and wait a few seconds for it to reset. You should hear the motor actuate. If
not, then the battery is drained, or there is a malfunction in the ELink. You can reset by pushing
the red button or inserting the battery. NOTE: The LED on the ELink has no significance for
- On the POD: Push and hold the reset button, while holding reset, push and hold a shift button.
After about 2 seconds, you should see the POD LED flash. If paired, you will see a second
sequence of flashes.
- If you don’t see the second POD flashes, try again. Sometimes its normal to take several
- Verify the XShifter is paired by pushing a POD button. The ELink should move. If it doesn’t move,
reset the ELink. Sometimes this clears the problem.
- If not functioning: Go back to step 3 and repeat.